17 Day Itinerary

Our walk begins in St. Bee's on the West Coast of Great Britain at the Irish Sea. Almost 200 miles later, we will find ourselves at the North Sea in Robin Hood's Bay.

Day 1 - Moor Row, 9 miles The Jasmine House
Day 2 - Ennerdale, 8 miles Low Cock How Farm
Day 3 - Seatoller, 14 miles Seatoller Farm
Day 4 - Grasmere, 10.5 miles Town Head Farm
Day 5 - Patterdale, 7.5 miles Grisdale Lodge
Day 6 - Shap, 16 miles Brookfield House
Day 7 - Orton, 8 miles The Westons
Day 8 - Kirby Stephen, 13.5 miles The Black Bull
Day 9 - Keld, 14 miles Keld Lodge
Day 10 - Richmond, 14 miles The Old Brewery
Day 11 - Danby-Wiske, 14 miles Old School House
Day 12 - Osmotherly, 12 miles 32 South End
Day 13 - Clay Bank Top, 11 miles The Maltkiln House
Day 14 - Blakley Ridge, 8.5 miles The Sevenford House
Day 15 - Grosmont, 14 miles The Station Inn
Day 16 - Robin Hood's Bay, 16 miles The Raven House

Of course, these distances don't account for getting lost and doubling back a few times, avoiding an aggressive herd of heifers or navigating the moors.... or wandering off in search of a pint.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Anticpation

My promises of T-shirts and beer mugs must have been pleasing to the Coast to Coast weather gods because it's in the mid 40's to low 50's along most of the route.  Clouds and rain.  That makes me smile.  Lauren and I will continue to make our offerings and hope that the weather gods remain faithful by keeping the weather cool and slightly rainy.  Some sun and blue sky will be welcome every now and then, but in small doses please.  Coming from the Land of Constant Sun, we're overdue for some dark and rainy days.

My dreams are improving.  I guess that's due in part to that fact that I've given up worrying about getting lost.  I'm sure it'll happen (it's happened to every Coaster whose blog I've read) and given I'm with one of the smartest kids in the school district, I am not worried. (Lauren just received her school's highest score on the 9th grade Algebra exam.  She's in 7th grade.  Better yet, she received the 4th highest score in the entire district, including all of the 7th and 8th graders and high school students who took the same exam!!!)  I'll hand over the guide book and GPS to Lauren, pop a squat on a rock and wait for her to riddle us out of the mess I'll no doubt have gotten us into.  Maybe I should just let her be Chief Navigator from the start so that we don't arrive at any pubs after they've closed.  I don't want my poor navigation to interfere with my sampling of local ales.  That would be unforgivable.

Did you notice that I've managed to write two paragraphs without once mentioning how many more days until this long-awaited adventure begins?  It's been rather hard so you better have noticed or all my suffering will have been in vain.

The anticipation is overwhelming.  FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps we should start thinking about packing.


No comments:

Post a Comment